Technology Services 6-5100 option 1
On-Demand Classroom Support and Troubleshooting
Daily, On-demand Classroom Technology Support
- Monday-Friday 7am – 4:30pm. Use classroom phone to dial 6-5100 (option 1)
Pre-arranged Technology Support/Orientation
Preventative Technology Services
- Orientation and training for classroom equipment
- Pre-arranged technology set-up for classes and events
•Visit the Classrooms Page to find out where distance technology is available.
•Request distance technology when you schedule your course or event.
Interactive Television (ITV)
ITV is classroom videoconferencing that allows real time interaction between two or more sites. ITV also has the functionality to send graphics (Powerpoint presentations, document camera, etc.) to technically compatible distance sites.
- AHC CS sets-up and manages connections to distance sites (with the exception of NHH 2-101 which is managed by NTS). Any questions about this process can be directed to Jacob Swogger.
Portable polycoms are carts with a TV and a polycom device. They offer the same two-way interactivity as ITV, but lack the ability to send and receive graphics. Portable Polycoms are ideal for small group discussions and can be placed in Moos 1-430 to Moos 1-460.
- Portable polycoms are set-up by AHC CS and managed by the user.
Mediasite is a transparent, automatic lecture capture/stream/distribute/archive device. It records video, audio, and a selected projection source. The lecture can stream live or on demand to the intended audience via password protection. Mediasite is ideal for distance education that does not require full two-way interactivity, and also provides an archive of all the lectures for on demand viewing.
- For more information on Mediasite and how to schedule, continue to the Mediasite page
Class Recording records the audio and video or graphics of a presentation (cannot record both graphics and video at the same time) and stores the recording on a DVD.
- AHC CS sets up and manages the recording of courses.
Support for Non AHC Classroom Services Rooms
AHC Classroom Services will provide technology assistance in any teaching space in the Academic Health Center. This assistance includes:
- Basic troubleshooting
- Laptop connections to LCD projectors
- General orientation and overview of equipment
We will repair or replace equipment ONLY in AHC Classroom Services scheduled classrooms. Schools and Departments are responsible for the maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment in departmentally scheduled space.
A/V Equipment not provided in rooms?
Rent equipment from UMN AVVR