Applying to the Certificate
Applicants to the Certificate in Health Care Design and Innovation must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree in a health-related field, interior design, architecture, or other design related areas required
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Demonstrate English language proficiency through the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam, with a score of at least 550 (written) or 79 (IBT). You are exempt from taking the test if, within the past 24 months, you have completed 24 quarter credits or 16 semester credits transferable to the University of Minnesota in residence as a full-time student at a recognized institution of higher learning in the United States.
Applicants to the Certificate in Health Care Design and Innovation must provide the following materials:
- A personal statement describing professional qualifications and goals after completing the certificate program must be uploaded to the online application
- A current resume or curriculum vitae must be uploaded to the online application
- Two letters of recommendation, with completed Admission Reference Forms, must be received in a sealed envelope by the application deadline of July 1 for fall admission or November 1 for spring admission.
- Official transcript(s) from every post-secondary institution you have attended, even those where you did not earn a degree, must be received in a sealed envelope by the application deadline of July 1 for fall admission or November 1 for spring admission. Applicants who have completed college-level courses outside the U.S. and Canada must have their international coursework evaluated. This can be accomplished by sending transcripts to a foreign credentials evaluation service. The evaluation report must then be sent to the School of Nursing. If your international coursework was completed as part of a study abroad through a U.S. institution, only the U.S. transcript is required. The following is a list of foreign credential evaluation services:
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc
World Education Services, Inc.
Address to send reference materials and official transcripts:
University of Minnesota, School of Nursing
Office of Student & Career Advancement Services (OSCAS)
5-160 Weaver-Densford Hall
308 Harvard Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Tuition and Fee Requirements:
Tuition for the Certificate is charged the Graduate School rate of $1167.67 per credit for Minnesota residents and $1788.84 per credit for non-residents. University fees will also be assessed.
Go to Application Form