Obesity Prevention Center
University of Minnesota
1300 S 2nd St, Suite 300
Minneapolis, MN 55454
The Obesity Prevention Center Mission:
The mission of the University of Minnesota Obesity Prevention Center (OPC) is to:
- Foster and improve multidisciplinary research into prevention strategies
- Be an educational resource center in the field of obesity prevention, both in our community and nationally
- Advocate for public policies that address the obesity epidemic.
The OPC seeks to be catalysts for interdisciplinary collaboration:
- within the University of Minnesota,
- between the University and the local community, and
- between organizations nationally and internationally
| || |
What research services does the OPC provide?
- Pilot funding
- Grant Administration for OPC-housed grants
- Financial incentives
What educational resources does the OPC provide?
- MnOPT fellowship program
- Obesity-related coursework
- Seminars & Symposia
How does the OPC support policy development?
- We work with community partners to develop and advocate for obesity prevention-related policies.