Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Posting expires on 04/23/2014
Employer: Minnesota Department of Human Services
Located in: St. Paul, Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
SALARY: $48,650 - $71,702 annually.
This announcement will be used to fill 3 identical positions
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position will provide an opportunity for you to use your policy expertise and participate in the implementation of health care reform in the Department of Human Services Health Care Eligibility and Access Division of the Health Care Administration. In addition to challenging work and the chance to service Minnesota with a team of professional colleagues, the State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefit package and a modern, flexible, and culturally diverse work environment. We are nationally recognized for our progressive leadership in human services. Our mission is to help people meet their basic needs, live in dignity, and achieve their highest potential. You would have the ability to use your talents to serve diverse communities through health care and human services programs.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
This position develops, analyzes, and implements health care eligibility policy and supports operational initiatives across Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP), which includes Medical Assistance (MA) for families and people with disabilities, MA for people requesting payment of Long Term Care Services, MinnesotaCare and the Minnesota Family Planning Program. This position plays a significant role in implementing Medicaid eligibility policy provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to align with implementation of Minnesota's Health Insurance Exchange (HIX) as well as provides leadership in effective operational activities, strategic eligibility policy planning efforts for initiatives across MHCP, and to cross-agency teams developing, planning or adjusting public program eligibility policy and systems.
• Researching, interpreting, developing, documenting, and communicating MHCP eligibility policy, particularly new policy under the ACA.
• Developing and maintaining MHCP policies due to legislative changes and other policies or procedural changes, such as those under the ACA, ensuring they are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations governing MHCP policy.
• Serve as eligibility policy expert resource to HCEA's project and initiatives teams. Partner with project team members; provide needed eligibility policy research and development support to augment their efforts. Act as a project team lead, if assigned.
• Provide ongoing oversight of policy issues relative to problem resolution.
• Continuously seek to improve HCEA’s policy operations and policy management systems.
• Manage special projects and perform other duties, as assigned by the Eligibility Policy Team Supervisor.
In addition to your resume, in order to be considered for this position, you must describe in a statement how you meet each of the minimum qualifications with reference to your education and experience.
GO TO My State Job Search at http://www.careers.state.mn.us/, then to Resume Builder and Edit Your Resume. Include your statement under Job-Specific Questions.
Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Public Policy, or equivalent, AND Two years of professional experience demonstrating the following:
• Global and in-depth knowledge in one or more areas related to the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) and its components.
• Knowledge of Medicaid policy provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA): In depth understanding of the breadth of policies included under the MHCP policy umbrella and the relationships between different sets of policies.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to apply policy analysis and development principles to practice and methods.
• Demonstrated research and analysis skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to draft policy responses for citizens, stakeholders, advocates, legislative staff, and other state and federal agencies as requested.
• Ability to apply critical analysis to policy questions and develop recommendations through the development of policy issues briefs.
• Master's Degree in public policy, public administration, social sciences, or health policy related field.
• Over three years of experience working in a professional setting with ability to develop, analyze, and implement health care eligibility policy and support operational initiatives across Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates MUST apply through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the state’s official hiring site. Below are detailed instructions on how to submit your resume and apply. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the position closes at midnight on April 23rd, 2014.
Submit your resume:
1. Visit www.careers.state.mn.us;
2. Select “My State Job Search” (upper right hand corner);
3. Select “Create a My State Job Search Account”;
4. Complete the instructions under New Account;
5. Once your account has been established, select “Resume Builder”;
6. Build a resume or paste a text copy of your existing resume;
7. Use the “Job-Specific Questions” space for your cover letter (optional);
8. Complete required sections of “Supplemental Information”;
9. You MUST click “Submit Your Resume” at the bottom of the page!
Apply for the Health Care Policy Analyst Principal opening after you have created your new account and submitted your resume (note: the state classification for this position is State Prog Admin Prin):
10. Select “Apply for Jobs;
11. Select “Apply for Positions”;
12. Enter this posting number: 14DHS000588;
13. Select “Continue” and verify the position is correct;
14. Select “Apply”!
• Save your user ID and password for future use.
• Make sure your resume clearly states all relevant skills and experience, along with the beginning and ending months and years of each position you have held.
• If you have any difficulties, contact the website helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on 04/07/2014
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.